Friday, November 25, 2005

Leaving...

I just wanted to let everyone know, all my faithful readers... that I have purchased my plane ticket for Japan.

I am leaving the 14th of December and will arrive in Tokyo the 15th of December. Crazy huh? (crazy in a good way)

Although I am very excited and have been waiting for this opportunity for many years I am also realizing I may go through a grief process. The people at the Navigators said that there would be a grief process leaving the States... although I believed them then I didn't think it would happen to me. I thought I would beat down the door to Japan...
Some things I'll miss...

my father making coffee in the morning
Jordan and Rochelle five blocks away, having the best of friends in them
Scrabble with my Grandma
Lenora's first two years
my Mother and I sharing girl stories
time with friends in Iowa City and Lincoln
Jeremy's humor and Alaina's warm hospitality
Becca's hugs and Jonah's thought-provoking questions
fires in the fireplace in the family room
snow
being able to call certain someones anytime I feel like it

But!
Some things I look forward to

learning Japanese (seriously)
learning to cook fun meals
new friendships
working with the Roods, the Hayes, and Mary Vacha (yee-haw)
karoke till the wee hours
sharing my heart
laughing
learning about a new culture

Although, it's true I am leaving... I know that I take so many good memories and lessons in my heart to share with my new friends. I know that you, who have touched my life, will impact a little bit of my heart in my new home. And when I return I will have a little bit of Japan to share with you!

1 comment:

Joanna Kay said...

Colin, I'm so glad you have a blog site. Now we can gang up on Matthew Charles so much more easily. Sooo... your whole clan and his huh? I will have to give putting a picture of the two of us on here some serious thought. :)