Tuesday, August 15, 2006

One year ago...

One year ago, you entered my life...
with your little baby face and your little baby arms and legs... i was one of the first people to see you...
and you are beautiful.
i remember being in awe of your body, the way God had intricately knit your little fingers, your eyes, your little mouth and nose... I remember thinking I couldn't possibly love anyone I knew for less time as much as I loved you then.

it probably wasn't the best idea but I put your delivery pictures on slideshow, turned up Alison Krauss and wept like a baby as I sat here, missing you...
Happy Birthday Lenora Daye! Enjoy your trip to the zoo....
always and most honored to be,
Aunt Joanna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious...absolutely precious...both her and you! What a sweet tribute from her auntie! You'll be playing tea parties and dress-up before you know it! The joy that daughters bring is beyond description...belive me! XOXOXO

Ed said...

Thank you, Joanna.

You speak for all of us, who could not express in better words the longing of love.

And you may just as well direct them to yourself on behalf of your Mom and me and your family and friends.

Anonymous said...

jo that is so sweet- you have such a gift for writing! loving ya girl- miss you!