Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Excitedly sad...

emotions are a funny thing, aren't they?When I went to college, I couldn't leave fast enough... I was ready to see what my older brothers had experienced and what all my older friends had left me for... I was ready to move out of Wisconsin and "experience" life in the booming metropolis of Iowa City (oh, the courageous heart I had at 18. I thought I was so cool!)
When I left college, I was a bit sad but totally ready to move on with my life. I was moving to the 2nd largest city in the world and life was my cupcake to frost and decorate...
this move...ugh, why is this one so much harder? Why can't I be excited? I feel like I am betraying my best friend by being excited and disappointing everyone by being sad. Talk about pressure. I don't know what to feel or how to feel or if I should be feeling...
all i know is. I AM feeling... about 50 million emotions.
Hello, men, welcome to the part where you click out of my blog... if you haven't already. :)
50 million emotions, are there even that many?
I wanna laugh and be crazy. I wanna tell you about the cockaburrs story or how Chris sang, "Have a nice day out in the wild." when we left his house...
but I wanna tell you about how atrociously sad it is that I can now count on my fingers and some toes the number of days I have left.
I wanna laugh and cry all in the same breath.
But in the end, I realize, I just have to take a deep breath and take it one day at a time....
I am sadly excited...
or is it excitedly sad?