Monday, June 07, 2010

too much to blog about...

I've been gone. From my blog. and I apologize. I also apologize for the incomplete sentences that usually fill up this space and probably make my english major friends dry heave.
I'm in a mood.
Aren't I always?
I'm feeling kind of lazy because I have tons to tell you and no desire to do so.
I'm mean.
Anyway, I thought I would post up pictures that highlight the last 2 1/2 weeks of our time in Denver and then Illinois.  Needless to say, it was refreshing, wonderful, awesome, crazy and a much-needed family time for me.  My family cup runneth over!
First and foremost, the whole reason for our Denver trip was to welcome this little lambie into the world!  Cadence Danger Schupbach....
Cadence for the musical term,
Danger so that when someone says, "Wait, that's dangerous." Cadence can reply, "Danger's my middle name."
(admit it, you're jealous!)
Cadence was born May 21st and we welcomed him into the world with cupcakes and parties.  Both of which he was too little to enjoy fully.  But we had a ton of fun.

Mikey and I got to play with and watch over Waveland while J & R were in the hospital.  I had the most fun with this little rascal.  She is too much and you can't help but drag your tired butt off the couch and play with her when she asks because she's so precious!  We were both tired after our week and a half play date with Waveland but it was totally worth it.  In this picture she is "flying" with the help of Uncle Mikey.

And here is Uncle Mikey taking Edwin for a stroll/run down Idaho Springs main street.  Mikey is a really awesome uncle. He's playful and really good about "entering into their domain" with our nieces and nephews.  What I mean by that is, he'll play what they're playing or even risk looking silly all for the sake of making the kids laugh and have fun.
Talk about tugging on the ol' heart strings!
My husband rocks! I love him so much.  He's so great about adjusting to my crazy family.  He just jumps in and has really embraced everyone.  It's been cool to see my family, in turn, embrace and really make him a part of the group.  It's been quick and fairly seamless.  Praise God! I couldn't ask for a better husband or family!

Strolling down Idaho Springs main street again, Waveland shows Edwin all the historical sights of this old mining town.

A major bonus of being in CO to see family is borrowing the family jeep... it's the family jeep, right Jordan? As in, our jeep?! ha ha Well, okay, not really but Jordan and Rochelle are really generous about letting Mikey and I borrow it.  We always had our windows down and the air blowing in our hair.  One of my favorite things!!

 After the time in Denver, we headed to Illinois and enjoyed a week of sewing, reading, biking, walking and refreshing ourselves in the company of my Mom, Dad and brother Jonah.  Words can't express the oasis my home in Illinois can be for me.  God really blessed me with a wonderful 2 1/2 weeks of beauty, fun, craziness and rest.

1 comment:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

I totally know what you mean about not wanting to "say" any of the stuff that really needs "saying" - just go with it, and keep sending us cute kid pics. :) Can't go wrong!