Thursday, October 06, 2005

Quotes for 10:30PM 10/06/2005

*When I was growing up, I went to Bible Camp every summer for a week... making friends and experiencing life changes. At the end of the week, every summer, the windows of that station wagon grew blurry as I would without fail burst into tears as my parents pulled away...
I feel like that today.
I know that this week has to come to an end, and even anticipate the upcoming changes but a little piece of my heart stays here with you... with the friends I made here. I can't quite explain how someone I met seven days ago can move me to tears but these people can, I have come to look for your face, listen for your call, look for your smile... but these things I will take with me as the windows once again grow blurry* JKS

*She dreams she's dancing, around and around, without any cares and her very first love is holding her close, and the soft wind is blowing her hair...* Rascal Flatts "Sara Beth"

*I've been painting pictures of Egypt, leaving out what it lacked. The future feels so hard and I want to go back. But the places that used to fit me cannot hold the things I've learned, and those roads were closed off to me while my back was turned.* Sara Groves "Painting Pictures of Egypt"

*A Christian woman's true freedom lies on the other side of a very small gate- humble obedience- but that gate leads out into a largeness of life undreamed of by the liberators of the world, to a place where the God-given differentiation between the sexes is not obfuscated but celebrated, where our inequalities are seen as essential to the image of God, for it is in male and female, in male as male and female as female, not as two identical and interchangeable halves, that the image is manifested.* Elisabeth Elliot "The Essence of Femininity: A Personal Perspective"

*When Christian was crossing the River at the close of Pilgrim's Progress, his heart failed him for fear. He began to sink in the cold, dark waters. But Hopeful, his companion, helped him to stand, calling out loudly, "Be of good cheer, my brother; I feel the bottom, and it is good." Then Christian recovered his faith, and passed safely through the waters to the Celestial City. If there are (those) who find the waters... dark and deep, who feel, "I sink in deep waters, the billows go over my head; all his waves go over me," this is my message... "Be of good cheer, my brother, my sister; I feel the bottom, and it is good."* Maragret Clarkson quoted in John Piper's "Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood"

No comments: