Sunday, July 29, 2007

The foot of the cross...

Ariel blessed my socks off tonight by singing this song...
I love this picture of how apart from God we are nothing, but through Jesus I can stand before the perfect I Am. How did I get here? How did a wretch like me end up in the presence of a King?
In college, Jamie often called me, "God's Trophy of Grace" which always gave me a mental image of how God views me. Because of God's grace, I no longer identify myself as wretched.
This reminds me of Hosea where God renames Hosea's children; *And I will have mercy on No Mercy, and I will say to Not My People...*
Recently, a friend told me she felt God was calling me, "My Delight"... and I am in awe. How did I get here? What kind of love does God give that He could take me from death to life?

I love the image that everything I made of my life I burnt into ashes... when I was without God, the best I could come up with was ash and dust... my life was nothing. But God took me from the ashes, I lived in, took me and made me new. Took my heart and bound it to His, took my dreams and is changing them to match His... took my life and made it His... took me from ashes to beauty... from death to life... like a flower after the cold frozen winter...

Beauty from ashes... so this song made me realize how blessed I am to be loved by God. I don't deserve His grace, His love, His forgiveness but He lavishes them upon me. So I want to live for Him... and meet with Him... at the foot of the cross.
Enjoy the lyrics...

At the foot of the cross where grace and suffering meet
You have shown me your love through the judgement You received
And You've won my heart
Yes, You've won my heart, now I can
Trade these ashes in for beauty and wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy, I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross
At the foot of the cross where I am made complete
You have given me life through the death You bore for me
And You've won my heart
Yes, You've won my heart, now I can
Trade these ashes in for beauty and wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy, I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross

No comments: