Saturday, March 06, 2010

to mikey

Almost a year ago you were seeking God whether or not to marry me, this crazy, half-wild, totally passionate aka often unspoken woman who made you laugh but also made you wonder, "What is going on in her mind?"And God gave you favor and you proposed and six months ago, we had a beautiful wedding where surrounded by friends and family I promised to not only keep you laughing and guessing at what would happen next... but I promised to love and utterly respect you.
I thought I knew you and loved you six months ago...
but my sweet husband, I have never loved you as much as I do now and hope that in sixty years we can say the same thing... that love has not grown cold between us but that God has continually kept the fires burning.
You are a gift to me. God's precious gift. You keep me grounded. You keep me laughing. You compliment me. You remind me that God is faithful. You eat my burnt chicken dinners and my bread that looks like a large mouth bass. You graciously accept my boasting when I beat you in Scrabble and don't gloat too gloriously when you beat me in just about every other game. You've run out to get pepto when I thought I was dying of heartburn and
loved me even though I repeatedly have eaten too much ice cream and gotten a tummy ache and then repeated the whole bad choice fiasco the next night (baby, i loooove ice cream, I'm sorry but this may be a lifetime habit)!
You've become not just my husband but the person that I love sharing my life with.
I can't imagine a world that didn't have you in it, Michael Wang.
You are a blessing to not only me but to everyone you meet.
I love you!
Thank you for choosing me, the wild, unspoken, kind of crazy girl that captured your heart with her fabulous knowledge of Japanese... (or at least that's how I remember it happening)!
Happy Anniversary!







2 comments:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Beautiful, Joanna! Captured your extreme love and passion for your husband/marriage, and your crazy self. :) Happy 6 months!

Leslie said...

Wow...love is sweet! You two are amazing! You make my mother's heart sing! XOXOX