Wednesday, October 13, 2010

26. (1)

*Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me to glory.  
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the LORD God my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.*
Psalm 73:23-26, 28

In my quest to complete 28 things for the year my hubs challenged me to reflect on 28 verses that have/are meaningful in my life.
I could ramble on about these verses (which I am only counting as one) and why they are so meaningful to me but I'll try to be quick.
v. 23 the promise of God being near to me
v. 24 the hope of being with God receiving us to Himself (a direct verse that speaks into a fear of mine)
v. 25-26 although the World distracts me and tells me otherwise the truth is that God is all I need. He is all I want to desire and I find that He sustains and strengthens me.
v.28 being close to God is the best thing for me and the reminder that God's good works in my life aren't meant to be a secret.

That's it in a nutshell for life verse numero uno! 
Do you have a verse you love?

No comments: