Friday, November 02, 2007

*blast you Tsukiji*

The Tsukiji trip started off somewhat normal... here's a little background.
Tsukiji is a HUGE fish market. Click here to see last year's blog entry on what Tsukiji is really like. This year, Mark got the great idea that he and Shanghai should BIKE down to Tsukiji!! I couldn't believe it. They actually did it. Mark's grand idea for next year's SETTERS is to have them take a canoe down Tama River into the harbor... I'll be sure to post pictures if that ever happens. We met at Jonathon's and waited for the fish market to open. Saaya and I...
Megumi and Yasushi...

A shrine near Tsukiji...
we got to walk around and even hold a crab. Yasushi and Mark had evil intentions with me and Mr. Crab
Unfortunately, at this time... we realized that TSUKIJI was CLOSED!!!
That's right people, CLOSED. As in, the only people there were foreigners. (no joke) We sat up all night at Jonathon's Family Restaurant in order to get to the Tsukiji gate and... take pictures...
the girls are a little angry with the gate...
"LET ME IN!!!"
We still ate sushi at 5AM, however, it was a day old. I know, what a ripoff right? A WHOLE day this fish had been dead...
Saaya
Sae
The gang watching television while we waited for our food.
It was sooo good. Even day old sushi is better than University of Iowa's Union sushi.
Am I right or am I right?
I love Tsukiji. I love Japan.
I actually had a lot of fun with Megumi, Sae, and Saaya... so the night's adventure wasn't all that bad. AND I got to drive... which was pretty rad to drive through downtown Tokyo. :D Now I know how to get there... hmmm wonder if the Roods would mind us taking their van for a little ride while they're in America???
hmmmm.....

No comments: