Monday, February 04, 2008

When Words Can't Be Spoken Sing Them Instead...

*Jesus, King of Angels, Heaven's Light.
Shine Your face upon this house tonight.
Let no evil come into our dreams.
Light of Heaven, keep us in Your peace.
Remind me how you made dark spirits flee,
and spoke Your Power to the raging sea.
And spoke Your Mercies to a sinful man.
Remind me, Jesus, for this is what I am.
The universe is vast, beyond the stars
but You - You are mindful when a sparrow falls!
And mindful of the anxious thoughts
that find me, surround me, bind me...
With alll my heart I love You, Sovereign Lord.
tomorrow let me love You even more
and rise - to speak the Goodness of Your Name
until I close me eyes to sleep again.
The universe is vast, beyond the stars
but You are mindful when a sparrow falls.
And mindful of the anxious thoughts
that find me, surround me, bind me
... Jesus, King of Angels, Heaven's Light ... ... ... ...
Hold my hand and guide me through this night..*

remembered as sung and played by my father,
originally done by Fernando Ortega...


sung tonight by me...

No comments: