Wednesday, March 04, 2009

blessed...

*Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.*
Matthew 5:4
Sometimes I don't feel blessed in my mourning... sometimes the sadness washes over me and I cannot rely on my feelings for strength. I need Truth.

The Truth is that God is a Refuge, a Rock, a Constant in the sea waves of life. Whenever I find myself losing control of my emotions I remind myself that God is the Master of all things including my emotions and especially the circumstances that make my emotions tipsy turvy.

Psalm 62:5-8
*Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times,
O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
Selah*

My Grandpa will not live on this earth much longer. His journey appears to be drawing to an end... but this I know, and in this I take comfort, that his journey will go on. What we think is night drawing near, I now see is not the sunset but the sunrise that will greet my Grandfather. I only wish I could hold his hand as he takes this next journey. But I know that he and many other loved ones will greet me there.

I know to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.