Sunday, November 08, 2009

daily.bread

Jesus said, "I am the bread of life"And when the disciples said, "Lord teach us to pray"
Jesus included this sentence, "And give us our daily bread"
And before that... the Israelites in the desert, wandering hungry asking for food and they received manna... which arrived every morning and only allowed for a daily supply of food.

It's so great how subtle Jesus was and yet, how not subtle at all. Over and over he reminds us that He is the only thing that can satisfy us.
Drink this water and you will never thirst.
I am the bread of life.
I am the way.
I am the Truth.
Recently, I was wondering how I could extend my time with Jesus... wandering how I could bring him more into my day to day.
Instead of just going to church on Sunday or just reading the bible for 5 minutes in the morning, I've been challenged to be more conscious of Jesus throughout the day.

But how?
And then it occurred to me.
Experiencing more of God can be as easy when I am doing my daily love of baking. As I knead the bread and form it to take shape, I can thank God that He is all I will ever need.
My daily bread.
What are some ways you've been experiencing God?

No comments: