Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

I can remember a conversation I had with my brother as he prepared to head over to the Middle East after 9/11. It was his decision to go, no one was forcing him to go, and he had already finished one tour in the ME. But Jordan calmly told me, "How can I stay here when all my friends are going? This is what I've been trained to do."
It really spoke to me of his sense of duty and loyalty.

One of my favorite speakers in the Navigators, Jim Rinella, talked about he will stop soldiers in the airport and thank them for fighting overseas. He tells this story of how man replied, "We do it for you, sir."

Instead of thanking soldiers for their sense of duty and loyalty to fighting real life, physical evil in this world, we often give them our opinion about the war and their part in it.
But have we ever stopped to think about why these men are fighting?
"We do it for you, sir."
No matter who you are or what your opinion is of this war, lets be thankful today for the men and women who have fought for the freedom we have today.
I know I'm thankful for my Granddaddy and my brother!
Happy Veterans Day!

2 comments:

Kelli B said...

Thanks Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan said...

We do it for you, ma'am. (I totally stole that)