Wednesday, September 01, 2010

August 2010


It's so funny where you start a month and end a month.  Usually months are just 30 days of doing the ol' regular schedule.  The day in and day out kind of routine.  But every once in awhile you start a month in oh, say Himi Japan and end it in Long Beach.
It's a crazy world out there Frodo...
ya know what I'm saying.

Anyway, it's fun that at the start of August we were with Ayumi and Keigo in Himi Japan.  I didn't realize we were going to the Western side of Japan (i thought Himi was north) until I saw the sun setting... over the ocean.... and I was like, "wait, where are we going?" ha ha


This month we finished our time in Tokyo Japan.
We survived the worst jet lag either of us have ever had.
We hosted my sweet friend Amy and her husband Ben.
We went to Carlsbad where I got a sunburn that is still radiating on my back. Darn you bad surf!
We went to the beach twice in one week and it was awesome.  I got to surf and boogie board so it was wonderful!
I am 75% finished with a gift.
I haven't touched my sewing machine but I've made some new international friends.
I finished the book, The Secret of Christian Joy by Vance Havner which is maybe the best book I have read in a long time.
Havner is easy to understand but seriously passionate.  Wonderfully great book.  I am blessed by it.

We started school.
I met up with old friends... caught up and heard about adventures in Vermont, Russia and the ME. I made the most amazing beef brisket which turned into an even more mouth-watering bbq sandwich that I inhaled today.
I cooked lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch and dinner for 35 returning student leaders.  I made sandwiches (okay, okay! I just laid out the bread and meat! Sheesh!) and curry, baked penne with spinach and tons of cheese (heaven!).  What else? Oh yeah, my current obsession, egg sandwiches for the morning.  You got so many good things going on in those sandwiches. Protein, fiber, and yummy-ness, an important part of every dish. Finishing with chicken fajitas.

I bought a canning kit.
We bought a grill.
I bought a new dress for our anniversary.

Overall, it's been a great and busy month.  It's fun to think as we start September with new friends and a new ministry, where we'll end September. Maybe projects finished, new dishes prepared or even a new adventure started... who knows?
That's the fun thing about life... you never know where it will take you!

No comments: