Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Glass Top #303


Hey there!
Thanks for stopping by... today is absolutely beautiful so I took the time to take some photos. I have more to share you but wanted to give you a quick tour of "Glass Top #303" or as our sign reads, "Gurasu Toppu #303" which is how you write it when you send a letter...
Welcome and come on in...
this is our genkan... which is where you leave your shoes and
and pick up some slippers.
First door on your left is Mary's room and the first door on your right is...

the seminjo "washroom" and the ofurdo
this is our ofurdo, which is our "bathroom"

further in and this is our kitchen

these are the spectacular shelves TJ made for us, after I saw some in a Pottery Barn for kids magazine I took it to him and said, "hey, can you make this?" and this is the masterpiece he created... they are amazing and NOT connected so we can do basically whatever arrangement we want with them. woo hoo!

this is our tatami room... see the mat floors? that's called tatami... our mats are green cause its new... usually they are a woody color (beige?) this is our "living room"...

our dining room

ah, yes and my room. sorry it's a mess... SG~ see the painting you did in high school?

these are my bookshelves. I don't have a ton of room and I have too many books and pictures... so sorry it's messy... but that's my life.

teeny weeny closet and pictures put up with magnet strips... it was a creative idea I had spur on the moment. to put magnets on my pictures and on my door and the hang them... kind of different, but way fun!

today is a holiday... so some kids woke me up this morning with their little parade... this is the view from my window/balcony.

and this is the Japanese style garden I look out on... my neighbor owns it.

and here is the train which passes my window every day... plus, the place I get gyozu when I'm in the mood... mmm, mmm, mmm

this last picture has nothing to do with my apartment... but I just got a disposable camera developed and found this picture of Megumi and I. I laughed so hard... check out her face... she's really not as mean as she looks... I laughed so hard.

oops, speaking of Megumi.

We're going to a festival tonight in Chofu... gotta run!

5 comments:

leah said...

wow, your apartment looks really nice. and that view is awesome.

Joanna Kay said...

thanks Leah! i appreciate it... wish you could be here to enjoy my view with me. :)

Anonymous said...

looks great jo- how fun!

Anonymous said...

weird- i just saw the date and it's our anniversary and zach and nates b-day in japan!!!

Holly said...

looks great jo! where is it at? i might have to come see it. ;)