Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fitz

Sara, this is for you, sister! Because a) don't forget what I wrote about you below (two posts ago) and b) because I can imagine you enjoying this picture story.

To everyone else... here is a little tale I'd like to share with you....

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved to dance... and dance she did. When her new friend Ryan told her, "hey, I can swing dance." the young girl thought, "wow, let's teach the students" So one friday night, Ryan and the young girl (we'll call her Princess Joanna) danced for all the students to see. Round and round they danced, executing all their moves like professionals (story may be a bit dramatized) until just about the end. Ryan's elbow managed to make precise contact with Princess Joanna's nose, making a loud crunching sound....




It was at that moment, that Princess Joanna knew...
these pictures must never be posted...








But what fun would that be?
(this picture may or may not have been digitally altered)
On a side note: my nose is fine and having the SETers here has been great. We have been teaching the students to dance to which one girl said, "I was so surprised to dance like this because no one in Japan dances like this."
and one guy said, "I love to learn this. I never thought we would dance like this, can we do it again?"

Once again, I have to sing the SETers praises. ha ha Praise God for them! They are fabulous. It's so much fun to have a group of our peers here from the states and so much fun to dance. Even if I had broken my nose, I would have kept dancing. The students are so funny. They're like, "You really like to dance, don't you?" and I was like, "how can you tell?" to which they replied, "Cause you haven't stopped laughing since we started."
ha ha
Thank you Ariel for sharing your dance partner. Ryan has been a great teacher and also for sharing your swing mix.
Thank you Katie Brannan for all the swing club meetings we went to and for burning me the swing mix you did. It's awesome and I love it.
Thank you Fitz, for being YOU.
Thank you Jerry, for these awful pictures of my awful face. ha ha

the end.

2 comments:

Kelli B said...

Oh man..until I kept reading, I thought someone really caught your face in that contorted moment!!! Oh man...I'm laughing so hard right now!

You are the greatest. So fun...so fun.

Holly said...

yes, thank you jerry.