Monday, July 03, 2006

*Leave your name and I'll

1. respond with something random about you.
2. tell you what song or movie reminds me of you.
3. pick a flavor of Jell-O to wrestle you in.
4. say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5. tell you my first memory of you.
6. tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. ask you something that I've always wondered about you.


Sommer
1. You are a dedicated flowergirl. I tried and tried to persuade you to waste your summer by talking to me... but you were not easily swayed. You are the best flower girl to ever have worked BGI. I've noticed with you, that you fiercely love me. Even when I was putting you through some awkward-come-bail-me-out moments... thanks Sommer. I have needed you more than you realize.
2. Jack Johnson~ I listened to a lot of "Brushfire Fairytales" that summer
3. wooo wrestling you?! That would be an interesting match... I'd do the flavor peach.
4. golfcarts and winding hose, mudslides, and margaritas. ha ha!
5. I think Joel introduced us and was like, "Here is another one of your cousins" Who knew I had so many. We have a ton of funny and (stupid?) crazy memories from that summer. You were such a pal to put up with me. One of my favorite memories was when you would make me mudslides at your apartment. Yummy!!
6. a bird, quiet but beautiful and something always good "comes out" when you open your mouth. (like music but in the form of advice or counsel)
7. did you ever eat pizza from all those restaurants on your refridge?

Fitz
1. What can I say about you? When I saw your name on my little comments section I almost burst into tears. You are a friend that I wish I could stick in my back pocket and "hog" all to myself. I would take you out when I am lonely, sad, silly, and hyper~ you are like all the flavors of the Baskin Robbins ice cream. ha ha
2. Lifehouse's "You and Me" cause you teased me in the car for having "actions"? Remember that? Also, pretty much any Shane and Shane.
3. hmm... this is a delicate decision that must be considered heavily... probably chocolate but we would be laughing too hard
4. yes please!
5. i know we had hung out prior to this but when i think of you... i think of the parking lot at SMR. We were laughing so hard, you wiped away (and then ate) your tear and I slapped my knee. I remember hearing about you and thinking, "hm, she sounds nice" but THEN I met you and I knew instantly we were soulmates. Fitz, I hope you know no matter how much time passes between us that I consider you one of my greatest friends. Our time "together" was short but I always think of you and think you are one of God's greatest gifts in my life. Your music, your BEAUTIFUL laugh, your love for the Lord, your hair in pigtail braids and your love for your friends... I am honored to be called your friend.
6. a lion~ wild, free, and protective of her own...
7. How do you share your beauty with so many while managing to always find more to pour out before the Lord? Also, can we hang out more in the future, Lord willing?

Emily
1. I love our little moments together. From our first common bond of using ASL and watching Tim get hit on by junior high girls to our love of strawberries and icing I've enjoyed watching God use you in my life to help shape my heart and my attitude. You are one of the loveliest people I have ever had the opportunity to be friends with, your laugh alone could heal many lonely hearts. :)
2. "Faithful" by 100 Portraits. You sang that at Kampmans wedding and everytime I hear it I think of you.
3. strawberry
4. Mexican restaurant when you took your Deaf friend out for dinner... ;)
5. The "band" was at a concert and I had drove to see "you-know-who" and I met you and we found our insta love for ASL and then our insta love for laughing at how junior high girls thought Nox was their age... I was astonished at how bold those girls were. ha ha OH, no wait! I remember introducing myself to Nox cause I didn't have any Christian friends at 24/7 and I knew Nox through Jonah and I remember you and Rachel were giving Tim this look from the stage, like oh man, here comes another girl. But I was just interested in a SOLID Christian friend. I had never met anyone like you all. I was adopted by the band. Ahhh and then I wanted to get to know you and so we went out for pizza. OHMY!! That pizza was so good. And that started our dinner dates.
6. a koala, so adorable!
7. Can i have an autographed CD when you're discovered and made rich and famous?


Angie

1. You are a precious gem and rare friend. I really regret the time I didn't spend with you because I think I blew it. You are hilarious, beautiful, random, silly, and the most refreshing thing? Is that you are not a typical-playing-by-the-books Christian. You are a breath of fresh air.

2. Born Free... i think you and I think Africa... and this was the first "african" song that popped into my head.

3. something really yummy so when we get tired we could stop and eat some... how about mango or banana?

4. front desks=fun

5. hanging out at your house, going to Jesse Bradley's to play deluxe yhatzee.... eating yummy brownies and your WAY cool chalkboard wall. man, that rocked.

6. what was timon from lion king? a merekat? that's you, funny full of life and in Africa... ha ha!

7. can you tell me your secret to being so confidient?






Jordan (you!! pavy lion! ohmygosh, I can't believe you remember that. I laughed so hard)

1. It's an art being you. I know no one like you, although I've tried my hardest to be like you. I've always wanted your highest opinion of me and always hated when I made you mad or when we didn't get along. For some reason God knit my heart to yours... from wearing your clothes to trying to get you to hang out with me, I've always wanted to be your best friend. I have always looked up to you and thought there is no one who can make me laugh like you do. I really admire and love you.

2. Always Always!! Alison Krauss's "When You Say Nothing At All" will remind me of you. We were riding in your truck and this song played on the radio and you were singing it and I thought, "ohh this is such a great song."

3. lime jello

4. Cameron football game

5. I was laying there and you said, "Ohhh she even has little fingernails." ha ha! Okay, I don't remember that but I do remember all the little lessons you've taught me~ from wearing my hat low over my eyes (i think of you everytime i wear a hat) to telling the line in front of you on a turning signal "okay, let's work together. we're all going to get through this" to punching people properly (not swinging wildly like a girl) to my intense hatred for "itsy bitsy spider"

6. a golden retriever... ha ha! that was just mean!

7. what do you think of life, honestly without jokes?

Mom

1. You have the best laugh, when you are tired and you aren't aware of anyone watching you. You just start laughing and crying... I think you are the most loveliest when you don't care who sees you or not.

2. Probably Richard Gere and Jodie Foster in... oh what's that movie? Sommersby (just cause we watched it all the time)

3. anything sugar free since that is our favorite. :) and heart shaped since we always made jello in your heart shaped pans.

4. winter coat fiasco (ha ha)

5. well, I was coming out of the womb.... just kidding. My first memory? Probably on North Ave. when you would comb my hair in front of the fire and put it in the pink sponges so it would be curly the next morning.

6. a protective Mama bear. cute but ferocious if ever her children are threatened. :)

7. how are you both my mother and my best friend? (this is something I'd like to learn for my own daughter someday)

Kelli

1. you are the person I can get completely crazy and adventurous with and the next minute dig deep into God's character. I've never had a friend who could balance that so well. Thank you! Thank you for challenging me in my walk and in my mud-sliding abilities.

2. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants/Elizabethtown

3. green apple, only because it would give us more energy than coffee so we could wrestle longer.

4. i'm sorry about your last running experience... squeeze!

5. Hil Peps introduced us, I can still picture you standing there. And you said, "My name's Kelli" and I was like, "Kelli? With an i? I've been praying for you." And then wanting right from the start to have a very intentional friendship. I had never met anyone like you. Oh, there is so much I could share here... but I'll move on. :)

6. a fish, seriously, could I pick anything else?

7. how do you share your heart so freely after the things we've walked through?


Holly (thanks for this idea... this is for you)
1. I'll never understand our friendship, but I'll always be thankful for it. I'll never know how we made it, but I'll always praise God we did. I'll never beat you in wrestling, but I'll always talk trash and try. I'll never realize the depth of how you've changed my heart, but I'll be a better person because of you.
2. Drum roll and.... kick! *All by myself, Don't wanna be, all by myself anymore. All by myself, Don't wanna live, all by myself anymore* (can we watch that with Rachie someday when we're together?)
3. strawberry, but only because it's pink
4. sometimes you just gotta talk about things for two hours.... oh, yeah and guitar players can rock your dancing boots off in any culture. tee hee hee
5. you "chaperoning" when I "studied" freshman year~ tee hee hee
6. one of those little dogs that wears clothes and diamond collars and has a bow in their hair and rides around in a very stylish PINK purse.
7. I have two: why are you so gracious to me, sharing your beauty with me always?
and how the heck did we ever get Rach to live with us when I had that huge poodle hair?

7 comments:

Kelli B said...

Kelli B! Cant wait to read! :)

Anonymous said...

Of course I read your blog daily, my love. How fun it is to hear of your adventures as well as keep up with your friends that I know via you! Hi Kelli, Holly, Angie, and Emily! Happy summer to you girls!
Please add my name. I can hardly wait to read it! XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I know my first name is Jordan. No fair using the John Deere Pavy Lion.

Anonymous said...

Angie!

Hi mommabach!

emily said...

Emily!! YEAH!

Anonymous said...

sara fitz. the end.

Anonymous said...

Sommer.

Joanna, I love reading your blog! Since, I haven't left any comments yet, I thought this would be a good way to start.