Wednesday, July 26, 2006

this is why

this is why i love blogs...
I am having a bad night, feeling incredibly "attacked" with some things and just need to cry or scream or both...
and i flip on my computer before praying that I can get some sleep... and I read my beautiful friends blogs...

ang's keeping me informed on wedding festivities
em made eye contact with elvis and was "swooning"
zach needed to have a talk with her or elvis or both
fitz is hiring backup dancers (yes, please) and is going to buy an eye patch and pirate hat...
holls hasn't changed her nasty blog for ages

and Paul wrote me an email of lots of random inner thoughts and ended with, "maybe i could just buy a boat and take it to japan. if we're going to start pirating soon, we are going to need a boat. want to go halfsies?"

thank you everyone for making me smile...
Paul, thanks for keeping my pirate obsession up and going... what kind of half-hearted pirate would i be without you?
fitz, totally want to be your back-up dancer (and again, i would LOVE to be a pirate with you as well... but I can't promise to not plunder your village and make "booty" jokes.)
emily, can't believe you saw elvis and he winked at you...
holly, thanks for informing us of your toenail...
ang, wedding madness is fun! let me know if you have any fun pictures of anyone else...

Kelli Burrier, I can't wait until our next get-together... wish I had the energy to tell you about life right now... sorry I've been weird in my emails.

And everyone else, if you have a moment say a little prayer that I can get out of this funk I'm in...

8 comments:

Kelli B said...

I find it fascinating that so many of us have had "funks" this summer - and would never have known it w/out blogging.

You. Me. Emily. Lots of other people I know.

Thanks for your honesty. Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad for blogging! Woop woop!

PS - i cant wait until you and Paul pirate my boat and take me captive. Oh the fun we'd have, mate-ee.

Joanna Kay said...

Oh that's good that you are practicing your pirate talk. You're going to need it when Paul and I make you swab our poopdecks. Sorry best friend but ALL firsttime captives have to swab the poopdeck. Of course, if you are willing to give us your husband as a captive, we promise to let you off the swabbing job and give you first dibs on peg-legs...

Jer said...

i totally hear you. i get "funky" myself. blogs are a good stress relief.

Kelli B said...

Joanna.

Random - but can you take some of these pictures and send them to me? Dude. My roomate from college, Nagi, still sends me these as like little stickers in her letters to me. I think that would be SO cool.

http://kelsye.blogspot.com/2006/07/even-more-photobooth-fun.html

copy that and check out what I meant. I LOVE those pics!

Kelli B said...

Dude - and i will swab that deck. i will swab the poop out of it!

Ed said...

'Funk' is a part of who you are.

To be able to admit that is to live.

'In a funk' is synonomous with 'low down and far away...'

The Devil does not think that God is God low down and far away.

The devil wants us to forget Bethlehem, which is about as low down as far away as you get from Eternal Glory.

"Am I only God nearby; and not God far away!?" declares The Lord.

God in a Funk: I like that.

That's my mother's family heritage.

Reminds me of what it means to be real ............

I love you, Funky Jo.

emily said...

I'm glad that you laugh! I'm sure the stories will continue as Hilary and I get to Austin! I mean I'm sure I will have stories about "Leslie" the token homeless guy of Austin. He likes to dress in women's clothes and also ran for mayer and got 2nd place...yes it's true! I have already had a run in with him...her...
And about having a funk...I hear you babe. I think there have been several people in funks. I think that it happens and God does really cool things with that. Be patient, love, and He will bless you and turn your funk into funky music!

Anonymous said...

I said a little prayer for you! You are amazing - lots of love from boring old IL,
Amy