Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My Japanese Prom

Hey, there! Thanks for stopping in, the following are pictures from my "Japanese prom". aka the Yokohama Fireworks~ but we all got to wear Japanese yukatas and do our hair; so the best way for me to describe it is as a Japanese prom~ I hope you enjoy Japanese Prom 2006!Joni did my hair, so I had to flip my hair upside down so she could start from the bottom and work her way to the top. (Doesn't Kie look like a gangsta behind me?)
This is just a plain scary photo but there is the start of my hair; Joni is a fabulous hairstylist. For someone who has never cut her hair in 25 years, she sure does know a lot about doing hair.



Mary and I getting on the monorail. I was honored to wear Ayano's yukata while Mary got to wear Naoko's yukata. The thing in the middle is called an "Obi".
Ojen and I decided we were "made for" yukata modeling. Here we work it on the train to Yokohama.


Here we are, on our way to Yokohama. Ojen (SETer), Ayano, Joni (SETer), and Jo.

Joni, Jo, and Ryan watching the fireworks.

Ojen and I enjoying the fireworks together.

Japanese fireworks are amazing. Seriously, you will never see anything quite as amazing as the fireworks here.

4 comments:

Kelli B said...

Jo - so pretty!!! I loved these pictures. They are gorgeous. The outfits, your hair, the people...love it.

Thanks for sharing! this was a good post.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful...YOU, your yukata, the fireworks...it made me just smile! You sparkle with joy and are definitely where God wants you.
The Lord shines through you, Joanna....how awesome to be part of your ministry team in the States! I love you! XOXOXO

emily said...

You miss Joanna are a prom queen!! BEAUTIFUL! I am jealous of your outfit. I so want one of those!! You wear it well! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanna Kay said...

What? Jeremy, when did that happen?