Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Pot Roast (for Jennifer)

I have this horrible tendency that whenever people come over I have to try a new recipe. I don't try a recipe that I already know or am decently good at making... nope! I try something new. So tonight, Mikey came to Illinois (and is staying for a whole week) and I decided to make pot roast. I've never made pot roast but that didn't stop me from making some.
Oh, p.s. the post is for Jennifer not the pot roast... and I know it's not January 1st as the picture portrays but I'm using my parents and am not sure how to change that. Cook little pot roast, cook!
Pot Roast, au jus, and salad...
What did you think Mikey?
I guess that's a thumbs up.
Hooray. The first night cooking jitters are over...
whew.
More pictures of Mikey's visit to come...
we may go to see real life Amish tomorrow...
hey, that's what we do here in the midwest. :D

1 comment:

Kelli B said...

Gotta love the midwest. Pot roast and amish. word!

So excited mikey arrived...and excited to meet him in a few days! :) and see you again!!! love you. have fun jo.