Monday, March 13, 2006

Hosea 2

I run.
I think I am getting away!
Before me stands a wall
I run into it.
I am blocked.
Hedged in.
A wall is built against me!
To the right!
To the left!
I turn but find the same!
I turn to pursue but cannot overtake!
I seek them and remember them
but I cannot find them.
Nor do I remember that I was their slave!

No, I will choose not to remember that!
To the right
to the left
I turn but I cannot find my path!
Hedged in!
Grey
cold
dark
stone!

This is the end.
But in this ending, there is something more...
As I turn to look at the grey wall
a green leaf
breaks through and another,
until ivy is running through the cold stone!
The grey gives way to green
death to life
cold to warmth
Green blossoms into
red, purple, pink, and blue!
The sights!
The smells!
And I remember my First Love.
The One I had forgotten.

I am allured

to get up
to walk
to find that no longer do I
sit in
prison
but in a garden!
I am allured into this wilderness!
And there He speaks to me tenderly.
And I run
I play!

I am beauty!
And His delight is in me!

I remember the days of my youth!
When all I was, was your delight.
Before pain
and disappointment
and sin
crept in.
You speak to me tenderly
in this garden
and I will answer You.
No longer will I remember the lies.
I will forget their name.
And in Your garden I find
no bow
no sword
and no war!
I find that not only am I
Your delight
but Your Betrothed.
In Your words You tenderly whisper
that I am Betrothed to You
in righteousness
in justice
in steadfast love
in mercy!
In faithfulness I turn from the garden
and find not only do
You know me
but I know You!
As I turn the flowers bloom,
the grains sprouts,
the wine and oil answer the sower
and all earth answers Heaven.
For You have sown in me a new heart, Your heart
For You have given me mercy, Your mercy
For You have made me into a people, Your people.

And You are my God.

1 comment:

Kelli B said...

Jo- you are beautiful. The things that you produce are beautiful; they are GOd-given. Thanks for sharing your heart.