Saturday, March 25, 2006

Just a few things....

Before I begin my blog I must announce the sad news:
RoJo coffee has decided to end it's days as the best coffee ever. I know, shocker huh? If you would like to write my brother and BEG for him to continue supplying the world's best coffee to the world's best people... shoot me an email and I'll forward it on. RoJo es No Mo! (which is spanish for RoJo-no-longer-exists-because-some-silly-company-claims-they-had-the-name-RoJo-first-and-wanted-to-sue-my-brother-and-now-my-brother-is-being-silly-and-instead-of-getting-another-name-like-"joanna-is-cool"-coffee-he-just-decided-to-cave-in-to-"the-man"... seriously, it translates loosely into all that.)
Fare thee well "la favorita" and "tanzanian peaberry"...
fare thee well cute bags which were personalized with my name on it...
hello, costco four pounds for four dollar coffee
:(
I felt it was time for a change... so here is my new blog template. Snazzy huh? Plus, my new title... just a new change. Must be the fact that spring has arrived in Japan and the flowers are blossoming and the windows are being opened...

must be that my heart is being "opened" to new things and I am ready, Lord, to make myself more "willingly offered" to You.

I was writing my friend Hanna D. (shout out to the cutest girl in Sendai) and processing a lot of what I am learning in the Word.

I must start and say that the Old Testament is so great. I am thoroughly enjoying it. I never expected it but I persevered through the dividing of lands, the giving of the law, and the awful complaining of the Israelites as they travelled through a desert, though if I am honest, Lord, I would see the similarities that I have with the Israelites!

I am reading through Judges right now and am just making some changes in my life. Spring cleaning my heart, my life, my attitude, my outlook on life. I want to be a confident person. I decided I am pretty cowardly when it comes to "big decisions". I also want to be more encouraging. I want to shine a light that is so different people stop and scratch their heads. I want people to be attracted not to me, but to the Spirit that lives in me. I want to say "no" to the good things in life so that I can wait and save my heart for God's best.

Ahhhh... I just feel like the skin is the only thing that is keeping my insides from spilling out all over. I know that there are good days and bad days, I know there are mountains and valleys...

but can I just say that God is worth it? Who cares, I will say it. God is worth it. He is my heart's delight... the One I love and long for. I don't understand Him, I don't know what lies in my tomorrow but I do know that I can trust the Lord.

*and you know in your hearts and souls, all of you, that not one word has failed of all the good things that the LORD your God promised concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one of them has failed*
Joshua 23:14

4 comments:

leah said...

why doesn't jordan just change the name to JoRo? or just add another letter like RocJor or JorRoc or something??

oooh, hey, i like this: JoRoBanjo

by the way, did you hear that banjo tried to eat my cellphone? gotta love her!

Joanna Kay said...

Leah, check out my blog entry from October 31st... i dedicated a blog to Banjo and all the things she had eaten. Ask Jordan to tell you all those stories... his facial expressions are worth more than my silly blog can express. Ha ha! I laugh just thinking of that silly dog. I agree~ ROJO should revive itself with a new name and it's first NEW roast should be "the Banjo"... it could be a combination of every other roast... just like the numerous things that Banjo has eaten. ha ha

COME BACK ROJO WE MISS YOU!!!

Ed said...

"Ro-Ban-Jo Coffee Co" ... or
"Ro-B'n-Jo Coffee Co"

I like that.

It was a miracle that I was able to dig Leah's phone out of her trash-trap (a.k.a. 'dumpster door') before she inhaled it.

She did NOT want to give it up.

Maybe she was wanting to call you, Jo.

Kelli B said...

NOOOO! Sad day to the loss of RoJo Coffee Co. I hope it is resurrected better than ever...

And hey - nice new blog entry! We're both into doing "new things" and I think for you especially - the timing is perfect.

Every time I experience a change or a new "season", I run out and get my hair chopped off. Maybe I'll just filter that energy into creating a new blog next time. :)

LOVE YOU!