Monday, March 27, 2006

This should tide you over....

Seriously! What does "tide you over" mean? Anyway, I will be "gone" for a short time as I am moving into my new apartment (with Mary). Please enjoy the following photos and I hope they... well, tide you over.
See you in April...
Here we have... "B.E.S.T. Club reflects on 'What portion of BEST do you like best?'" complete with Legos diagrams.
TJ is showing us how he enjoys the comfort level in BEST. The "tree" is to show peace and comfort allowing people to express their "true selves" (as portrayed by the little Lego man with something coming out of his head.) Mary Vacha is too cute for words...
Um, I'm really struggling with Mamoru's diagram... I know that it wasn't a cow, but it seriously looks like a cow. Sorry Mamo for forgetting.
Rood dawg holds up a fork as he informs us that one of his favorite things about BEST is all the delicious dishes we eat. With Jin and Kyong A cooking for us, it's true. We eat some of the BEST dishes in the whole wide world. :)
This was someone's movie night... I think it belonged to Tomo. I decided Eddie was in the black hat cause he always wears that hat, and TJ has the weird thing coming out of his head, and Mary is the pretty girl with the ponytail, etc. etc.

I look real mischiveous here. My favorite part of BEST is that it is a "window" into other cultures. I can share my heart and life with students while learning about their lives in Japan.

Fast Forward... we are no longer at a BEST meeting... but instead this is my time in Shinjuku with Yukari and Kanako (from Shizuoka), Sarah (Utsu), and Mary! It was so much fun. We ate at a Mexican Restaurant which was so good. I haven't had Mexican food in so long. Oishi! (yummy)
Here is a silly picture of Yukari, Sarah, and I
I realized as we took this photo that we had all been to Shizuoka. Yukari and Kanako are from Shizuoka BEST but Sarah was an SIJ-er 2002 and I was on the SIJ team 2003. What a fun photo!!

This photo is for my father. I told him I had this amazing sweatshirt, I know I'm sadly excited about something else yet again! But I got this sweatshirt for $9.00 and it is great. So Dad, here you go! What do you think?

Mary was craving guacomole... and the server came out and made it FRESH right in front of us. Talk about coolness! Kanako is very excited!

Then we went shopping around Shinjuku, just to look for fun. I loved getting to see Sarah, Kanako, and Yukari. Sarah will finish her "midterm" on April 7th and return to the states. My heart goes out to her because I already fear how fast this time has gone and will go. Sarah, I love you girl! You are so faithful and trustworthy. I am praying for you as you step out in this next adventure.

Yukari, Mary, Joanna (in her cute green sweatshirt) and Kanako

A list of my "favorites" from March 2006

  • Bela Fleck and Edgar Meyer's "Blue Spruce"~ seriously, I listen to that one song on repeat. I love it.
  • chocolate colored curtains (i keep calling them chocolate covered and i have to admit i would like those as well)
  • rastafarian braids (who knew I had rastafarian roots? okay, I don't really but I should... kudos to the girl on the train who makes me want to dreadlock my hair)
  • my mint plant (mom, remember when i used to play in the wild mint in our yard and "make" "mint tea"~ hee hee hee that is why I bought it)
  • my green sweatshirt
  • Mary Vacha and how God has blessed me with a patience teammate. Seriously, she puts up with all my weirdness and crazy behavior. She just laughs at me bouncing around her as we walk to and from the train station. I LOVE YOU MARY! Thanks for being my faithful friend.
  • Hannah Dorrell!!
  • C.S. Lewis... I wish I could talk to him. He's the man!
  • JR's experience as Q.B. and helping me know how to love others... JR, can I be you when I grow up?
  • Mark saying, "Our generation" referring to himself, Mary and I~ ha ha! I am still laughing...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice mischievous and silly pictures of you all! Fun, fun in Japan! I love your March favs. It will be great to see what April holds since all the students will be back! I love you! XOXOXO

Kelli B said...

Cant wait till you get back! To your blog, I mean. I'm so excited for your new apartment. Is it really the end of March already???

Thanks for the pics - it's so great to put faces with names...I want to be able to come up to people you introduce me to in Japan and say "Ohio Kanako" or "ohio Yukari" because i know them from your pictures and stories! :)

I miss ya friend.

Angie said...

Koreiwa kairu no ishu des ka?

Anonymous said...

Joanna! How are you doing?? I could get to use the Internet in my room today after an interval of one month! And actually, I haven't written English for more than one month...
You're soooo cute with your green shirt!! I love it! I got to love to go to Tokyo seeing your pictures with Yukari, Kanako, and Mary...And I got your postcard today. Thank you so much:)
I'll go visit you soon!!