Wednesday, January 13, 2010

h.a.i.t.i.

Mikey and I were struck by the seemingly insensitivity of the reporter during a CNN report on the earthquake in Haiti.

A little girl was trapped under a collapsed building and as workers debated desperately about what to do, the reporter stood next to her two little legs that stuck out and did his report. I was aghast with the reporter and said so to Mikey.

Yet, the more I think of it, the more I realize that I am like this reporter, though I sit here in my nice warm townhouse (complaining about not having enough room for a sewing machine).

Lord, forgive me for not having the compassionate eyes to see people the way you see them. Lost, hurt and shepherdless.

May we all take time in our day-to-days and pray for the people of Haiti whose lives have been changed in an instance with this tragedy... and may we and I, most of all, have the eyes to see not only those in Haiti but the hurting ones all around us.

PRAY FOR HAITI!!

No comments: