Thursday, December 15, 2005

First Thoughts

This is a more serious entry but I promise pictures of Japan, and myself along with my "crazy" adventures will follow.
My parents wrote me a card and gave it to me for when I was on the plane. It was probably the sweetest card I had ever received from them. The following is a verse my father gave me and my reaction to it (journal entry from the plane).

*Jesus began to announce The Good News concerning the Kingdom of God. He took His disciples with Him, along with some women He had healed... Among them... Joanna* Luke 8:1-3

My goodness Lord- what powerful words You have given me through Your word. WOW Lord! Thank you for healing me! And not just from my life before You but from the wrongs I did yesterday, and the wrongs I'll do tomorrow! Truly You are my Redeemer! My "Hosea"~ even though I know that's a picture of You love for Your people. LORD, You have made my dream to serve You come true! My heart soars on eagles wings... and I am thrilled. How You have found pleasure and delight in me is only because of Jesus! Lord, truly... I am Your creation! Joanna means "God's Gift"~ LORD let that be true! Let my gift be Your Good News! Let me live with such fierce passion for You the trees quake and mountains bow down. At Your Name, At Your power!
LORD, the same healing You gave to me and so many I know~ LORD, give that healing to the students I will encounter. Jesus bring the healing You speak of in Isaiah 60:1-2
*The Spirit of the LORD God is upon Me, becasue the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your first thoughts touch my heart like only you and your thoughts can. It is snowing again tonight
...gentle, soft flakes, and I think of you. You ARE healed, in all the ways that only Jesus can do. Now go and share with those God has called you to. I AM your prayer warrior, and I love you so!

Angie said...

dude your parents rock my face off.

Anonymous said...

You should meet her freakin' brothers!

Joanna Kay said...

Aw, yes! My family is delightful. Thanks Ang, I couldn't agree more.