Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My dear Mr. Jordan David Schupbach,

I regret to inform you that one, Miss Joanna Kay Schupbach (or as you affectionately nicknamed her as a child, Beaner), will be unable to submit to your demands for a picture showing of her time in Japan at this time.
She has fallen, unfortunately, to a grave situation where every time she attempts to connect to the world wide web her computer requests a password from her. A password which is secret to her. This is a terrible incident for Miss Schupbach and for yourself as she has many a wonderful photographs on her digital camera, just waiting for the opportunity to arise to be uploaded and sent. Since her computer is unable to connect to the computer, it is true that she no longer has access to SKYPE her phone service.
This challenges and frustrates Miss Schupbach at times for she wishes she were able to communicate more freely. But it also allows her more freedom in time that she should devote to language training and friendship development.
Fortunately good Sir Mark Rood and his family have given her permission to use their computer. But she doesn't feel at liberty to download her pictures here. Only to check the status of her inbox.
Please feel the sincerity and warmth of her apology for not being able to share with you her life, here in Hachioji at this time.
Thank you kindly,
with much fondness,
her personal assistant Helga Snotgrass!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's terrible news, but I must accept it. However, I might offer a bit of advice: Many people use the names of their favorite people as their passwords. I suggest Joanna try variations on the name "Jordan" and see if that works.

Anonymous said...

Dear Helga and Marcus,
How thoughtful of you both to respond to the ever increasing demand for pictures of Miss Schupbach in Japan. I can tell that you both are kindly trying to remedy this travisty. Were it not for the integrity and devotion of Miss Schupbach to the Japanese students, she could actually be anywhere in the world, and we would be unaware of her situation.
Please rest assured that my prayers are with you for a quick solution to the problems at hand. My regards to those you serve...

Kelli B said...

Oh man, your family grows in "coolness" factor the more I get to see and read their words!

I LOVE THE SCHUPBACHS! I hope my family is this cool someday...

Joanna Kay said...

Ah, young Mr. Jordan, thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately the password rejection form says something about the length and quality of the password. For example "password must be 40-400 kiligylites" (or something to that extreme. Excuse me for I am not a technologist genuis like Miss Schupbach) It is not available to type the simple (yet respondent) name of JORDAN. Plus, "Jordan" is ONE OF beautiful Joanna Kay's favorite names and not Sir Roods. I apologize. I thank you kindly for taking advantage of our suggestion box. Miss Schupbach finds that she can serve and perform her sisterly duties (which she adores) both soundly and professionally with your help and suggestions.
I will tell you, also that the bruises which you afflicted upon her in the last "wrestling match" between the two of you, before her departure, are starting to turn a greeny color which signals their soon departure. No lasting effect, I pray.
My fondest regards again, to Mr. Fegelsmith and Mr. Schupbach.
A good day to you then!