Friday, December 09, 2005


This entry is dedicated to one gal who has helped me grow (leaps and bounds) in beauty. When I met Miss Hatcher, we were preparing to leave for a summer missions trip to Japan in 2003.

I remember thinking that Amy was lady-like and a gentle soul. I knew from the first minute I met her, that we would be friends and that I would learn from her.
I have so many good memories of Amy... where to start? Rice fields and Mt. Fuji? Laughter in Lighthouse? Getting massages from chairs that just shook us... Amy is quick to laugh at my jokes and make me feel like the world's best story-teller (though that is not often true). Amy is a beautiful woman, with a heart of gold that longs to serve the Lord. She has been my listening ear, my shoulder to lean on, and my laughter for two and a half years. She has been quick to send me a funny card, text me a message of encouragement, or send me some of her beauty.
Amy has gentle pushed me into expressing more of my femininity, through everything from my heart's tenderness to the way I dress... Amy would never let me settle for jeans and t-shirts. Ha ha! Amy has been quick to go to the Lord and to the Word. She has shared heartache and joys with me.
The flowers above are from Amy. Since she could not be a part of my farewell party tonight she sent some of her beauty in the form of flowers.
Amy, they are gorgeous~ I don't think I have EVER received flowers more beautiful! They smell AMAZING!! And I didn't know if you knew what they looked like so I wanted to share them with you... sorry I have yet to figure out how to blog a "smell". I will miss our daily text messages, sometimes about nothing but wanting to say "hi".
Thank you for your beauty and for your friendship. You are the kind of friend dreams are dreamed for.
I will miss your laughter (can you tape record it so when I tell a bad story I can hit play and hear you laughing?) and will miss our talks. But I am honored to have known you and know that our friendship, with God as our center, can not be threatened by time and distance.
You are in my prayers.
(p.s. look at how they spelled gambate :) )

No comments: