Sunday, June 11, 2006

On my mind....

I have a billion things on my mind right now... some random, some serious. I will try my best to capture this moment.

Listening:
Cademon's Call "Share the Well"
Chewing:
Wrigley's Orbit Spearmint Flavored
Featured Friend:
I talked to my freshman roommate, Emily. That's her. She's a teacher in Wisconsin. We met in 2001 and were instantly bonded over rude things our other roommate said about us. We moved out and toasted her good riddance. No joke. It was mostly my idea because I was the more immature of the two of us! We celebrated the first snow fall like good Wisconsin girls should do. Looking back to college, there is much I would do differently~ one of them being I would ask Em to put up with me a second year and live with her another year. She's spectacular. Anyone who has met Emily has had their lives made brighter with such beauty. She laughs at me (and yes, I said at and not with) , jokes with me, burns me the best cds, and put up with my randomness. Emily can tell you a million stories about me~ that's why its taken me this long to blog about her~ she holds the key to MANY secrets. ha ha! One of my favorite random stories with Emily is when I decided to go on a ALL fruits and vegetable diet but Emily was ordering chinese food~ so I ordered egg rolls and split them open, eating the insides out. See how crazy I am and great she is? ha ha
Just Married:
Matt and Rebekah~ wow! I can't believe it.
Ben and Michelle!!
New Discovery:
I have decided that I am frustrating. Seriously! I hope you all didn't just say, "You JUST realized that." But bare with me~ I've realized that I give up on things too easily. I begin a project and never finish it. It's actually really sad. I have this really great Father's Day gift that lays unfinished in my room. (sorry Pops! Maybe I can finish it and give it to you in September!)
Sooo... because I have of this new and disgusting discovery I've decided to change. And as badly as I don't want to tell you this because I will be embarassed if I don't finish~ I want to tell you. I'm training to run a marathon. I'm not actually going to run it. But my friend Kelli is running a marathon in October (as is my Aunt Beth) and so I have decided to train with Kelli. I really want to stick this out and just literally BEAT MY BODY! Hence the reason I've decided to make 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 my running verse. (props to Rachie and Holly! Buffet, anyone?)
My goals:
Keep to my running schedule
Finish Dad's gift *sorry that's a suprise*
Finish Lenora's gift *yup, this one too*
Daily look at my Japanese lessons!
First run:
Went really well. I ran thirty minutes and was not tired but didn't want to push it~ seeing as how it has been two years since the last time I was a committed runner.
My feelings:
Have been hurt recently by a couple of people but I've decided to take their comments as constructive criticism. One of the girls said I was "pretty stict with my life" and was not "flexible enough to survive here in Japan". That pretty much broke my heart but I've decided that it was said with love because she wants me to survive here and not to tire out. I am pretty much tight on people. I have huge expectations of them and myself. Am I living under the law? I surely hope not. Am I leaving room for the Spirit to move and work in my life? Or do I have everything precisely laid out? I want to be laidback and confidiant in the Lord. I do not think that is me, not yet but I am praying for a heart at ease.
Excited about:
I'm learning to drive. We need another driver. I cannot wait. I love to drive and I have missed it terribly.
Ohhh, that hurt:
learned today that you shouldn't do a salt scrub right after you shave your legs. That was a good yet, painful lesson.
Arrival:
My friend Matt will be in Japan the end of June, my computer will be here the end of June and the 20th of June the CA team arrives. Yee-haw!
And the last thought bouncing around my head:
Lord, I am so blessed. Thank you for my fun life. Thank you for friends, family, life and love.

I'm off to go read some of the Bible.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In case anybody doesn't know, it's been scientifically proven, at least in Wisconsin, that "Joanna + driving = dead deer". I'm not sure what the Japanese equivalent of deer is, but hopefully not tourists.

Joanna, the clutch is on the far right!

Joanna Kay said...

JORDAN, what the crap? Why are you being such a hater? That is TOTALLY irrelevant to everything I blogged about. That is not TRUE! I have driven in Wisconsin MANY MANY times without hitting deer. In fact, I drove four perfectly good years without a deer. No joke. And that is like 365 times four which is 1460 days without a deer. Don't be such a putz. Mom, says I am the best driver in the family only after YOU but YOU'VE been officially trained by the AF so you no longer count. Guess I'm the best. No surprise there, huh?

Joanna Kay said...

also, in my defense (not that i need it) you can't really AVOID deer. What was I supposed to do? They BOTH ran into me. Seriously! And I cried after the first one, so that's not even fair that you would bring that up. If only I had dirt on you that you cared about. If I were to come up with a comeback you'd only shrug and laugh at me for trying... pooh!

Anonymous said...

Joanna, you're right. I should really be chastizing those mean-spirited deer for playing the silly "Attack Joanna's Car" game.

You are a good driver, though. That's true, I mean it. In fact, I don't know anybody else who can keep it between the lines at 75 mph while vomiting in the door map compartment!

Love ya!

Kelli B said...

Oh man...i'm bustin' a gut with laughter.

Jo - i think i'm going to journal in the same fashion. ask myself the same questions each day - and about my workouts.

YOU DA BEST. You've given me a higher standard of accountability this year. Thanks for asking me about this morning - and thanks for your grace. I will be up at 5:30am tomorrow lacing up my tennies and hope to have SOMETHING to report about! :)

Anonymous said...

OK, you two...that's enough teasing. I mean it too! Do you need to be separated or sit on the couch holding hands? Oh wait...you are separated...it's a good thing you didn't swear or we'd have to get out the soap...oh for the good old days! :) XOXOXO