Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wildflower

Is it that my eyes have been closed all these years?

Or is it something has changed inside of me?

I came across a beautiful field; the rice is long and laying low, with their whitecaps ready to be harvested. As I walked on then I saw them; the flowers, who are no longer dressed in their springy pastels but deep breath-taking pinks, bright orange, gentle whites and boisterious purples. My first reaction was of wanting to pick the flowers and put them in a vase on my table... put I realized at that moment how often I've felt this happening in my own life.

How sad and often have I felt the need to pluck up my own heart and put it on a vase, on display for others. I've longed to fit and "grow" in a place where I don't belong and for the first time, I can see that all these years I've never quite understood what God has been telling me all along.

I've never seen the kind of beauty that God is impressing upon me here. Keep my head down and I'll miss it... deny my heart and I'll accept what the vase offers me. Security but certain death... give up the unknown of the wild but accept the cruelty of "safe-ness".

I can keep my head down, I can walk through this field and never notice the beauty

both in and outside of me.

Yet, I long for more... I long for the small taste I've gotten in the past five months...

I would rather embrace the unknown and cling to my Vine...

both in and outside of me...

yet, it feels like the same beauty...

1 comment:

Kelli B said...

Jo - thanks for this post. The analogy pulls me in, sheds light on something so profound.

Love you friend...