Sunday, October 01, 2006

A good *butt kickin*


So I think I've finally figured out what is causing this "new and improved" Joanna... but I thought I would just share some of the randomness of my new "stretching..."

I just finished a grand total of TWO hours of a good "butt kicking" from my brother Jonah and my Papa.

My brother definitely showed me how much I do NOT understand in the world of Schaeffer and apologetics, although I am definitely glad he is tutoring me and walking through this book with me. I would have no clue if I didn't have him to gently tell me, "Actually Shaeffer is saying the exact opposite of that." Ah, Jone! I'm so glad you are so smart... I'd be a dum dum without you!

Schaeffer is the man. But I am definitely at a loss as to what is really happening in the first three chapters of his book. But alas, I am the new and improved version so I am pressing on. I really want to be stretched and to learn about apologetics, so even though I am starting over (for the third time). I am not ashamed. After all, the wisest man said once, "for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again..."

The second hour I decided to get my butt kicked by my Takamine. I called my Dad on Skype and played him a song I'm learning. However, the key I want it in involves a Bminor which means I will be tearing to shreds my itty bitty fingers to make this chord. Yikes-ola! Good luck to me.

My Dad and I are having fun and I have to say that although my brother is kicking my butt in Schaeffer I am really glad we are relating over something. So even if I didn't care about learning about apologetics, I think I would still want to read this with Jonah so that he and I could talk like this every week for an hour. Ahhh... I love my brothers. :)

Now, I must learn more about politics for Jeremy and surviving the Great Outdoors, while changing a tire and wrestling a grizzly with my bare hands for Jordan. Ha ha!!

Hooray for big brothers and JoPappa!!

3 comments:

Ed said...

Joanna, when it comes to kicking butts and raw, honest, childlike, living, Biblical trust ... we're just glad you don't have spikes on your boots.

Dad

Kelli B said...

Jo - I'm so glad that you are surrounded by such cool men. You are learning a lot!

Oh, to have a brother...or two...or three! (not to replace my sisters, just in addition!)

Anonymous said...

You do have awesome brothers! Their baby sister isn't too bad either! :) My compliments to their Creator! XOXOXO