Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My mother

Hey, Mom! I just wanted to tell you that I love you. You are one of my most favorite people. And by far, my favorite mother (hands down!).

You are so good to me... thank you for cheering me up and writing me emails. Thank you for sending me "happy paper" through emails.

Thank you for the kind words and sweet encouragement. Thank you for pushing me to be the best and to remain focused on the LORD. Thank you for loving me.

Even when I am homesick and miss you, you still find a way to connect with me.

I miss our talks and walks but even through the distance, you still find a way to be my best friend. Thanks for being loyal and passing on your beauty to me.

I wouldn't be the woman I am today if I didn't have you pushing me to be the best. Thank you for the cards, the dryer sheets, the gum, the pants I forgot when I came... everything. You will never know the depth of how a simple gift really reaches me.

Thank you for loving me. Thank you for raising me to love the Lord. Thank you for giving me my fiesty perserverance. Thank you for passing on my ability to communicate more clearly through tears (sometimes words just can't express it). Thank you for passing on your love for chocolate. Thanks for passing on your love for walks and nature. Thank you for passing on your humor, your joy, and your patience.

You are my loyal friend, my fellow girly movie watcher, my cheerleader (i should get you pompoms for christmas) my cry together friend over silly Starbucks gift cards, my shoulder to lean on, my ear to process with, my pusher, my money saver, my... mother, my best friend.

Thanks for setting the standard on beauty and grace. And showing me Jesus.

I love you.

2 comments:

Ed said...

Two cute babes.
Too cute babes.

Anonymous said...

Joanna, you made me cry , what a sweet post for your mom. BUT I thought I was your favorite "mother" :) I know , your favorite in Nebraska. Love you, Judy