Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My heart's prayer

*Jonathon said to the young man who carried his armor, "Come, let us go over to the garrison of the uncircumcised. It may be that the LORD will work for us, for nothing can hinder the LORD from saving by many or by few." And his armor-bearer said to him, "Do all that is in your heart. Do as you wish. Behold, I am with you heart and soul."* 1 Samuel 14:6-7
Do all that is in your heart... I am with you heart and soul.
Lord, if I loved you like this. If I were your armor-bearer. I would want to follow you into the unknown. I would want to fight courageously.
I want to see your kingdom reign. I want to see Your banner waved. I want to see Your courage light up the hearts of the men and women around me.
Give me the courage to say to you, "I am with you heart and soul." and help me get to the place where I can become more like Jonathon, who when the time came was able to give the throne to the anointed King.
I would not choose to be in another place.
I would not choose to live another life.
I choose God and this life and where I am today.
Even if I think and wish and pray that tomorrow I can be closer to Him.
Psalm 67 says “God blesses us, God cause His face to shine upon us.”
I love thinking that the blessing we receive is MORE OF HIM.
And that is exactly what I have received here in Japan… more of Him.

No comments: