Monday, July 20, 2009

Simplicity is key...

I got this from my pal Jamie who posted it here. I was inspired to do my own "The Simple Woman's Daybook".

Outside my window...
the night falls on my parents' new patio which my Dad, brothers and beloved built a couple weeks ago. The brick is from Normals first hotel which was built in 1850 and when it was torn down, they gave the bricks to my Dad.

I am thinking...
of how to make Mikey's and my wedding really "ours"... what do we want to communicate? I think I'm overthinking it.

I am thankful...
for the next seven weeks with my parents. Well, more like 6 weeks before chaos begins, but I'm thankful because being at home in Illinois and being with them grounds me.

From the kitchen...
er, nothing today.

I am wearing...
my black stretchy pants and my favorite v neck t-shirt i wear like every other day. It's so comfy. Thanks Buffalo Exchange for this.

I am creating...
a wedding and all that entails; flowers (not creating them but creating the arrangement of them), favors, centerpieces, song lists, decorations, menus, timelines, gifts for people helping....

I am going...
to bed soon. I like to hide from the world sometimes.

I am reading...
oh I wish I was reading. If I were reading a book it would be To China With Love by Hudson Taylor

I am praying...
that God would show me how to sit at His feet, to have a heart that is teachable, and to be a servant to my (future) husband and family.

I am hearing...
crickets. Ohhh how I love you crickets.

Around the house...
are jars that need ribbons, multiple little to-do lists, my Dad reading Founders on Religion and my Mom checking email.... quiet night.

One of my favorite things...
is coffee in the morning on the patio with a cool breeze, my bible and journal.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
wedding planning, arrival of some decorations I ordered online, Icenogles on Saturday, outdoor theatre on Friday, taking advantage of an awesome gym membership and working on a project non-wedding related.

No comments: