Friday, April 15, 2011

24 weeks

I always look so tired in these photos, don't I?
Well, here we are, week 24.  I'm in my 6th month and feeling relatively good for the most part.
Hubs is pointing to my belly... just in case you missed it.
Here's some fun facts about life in the 24 week...

our babies are each a pound and a half.
they measure at about 12 inches
and they're both growing steadily.
Right now they are just developing their more intricate parts like the delicate vessels of the lungs and more brain developments.  They're also focusing on getting fatter as right now they are still pretty thin and even transparent.  Poor things.  Maybe I should eat more cake. :P
Baby A is head down (way to go girlfriend!!) with her legs up around my belly button.
Baby B is still laying right up under my ribs.  Her head is now at my right side and she moves around like crazy!!
They are both really active little girls and usually wake me up in the middle of the night.

So here is the latest news that made Hubs and I laugh... 
our doctors routinely measure my "fundal height" and in case you didn't know the fundal height is
the distance from my pubic bone to the top of my uterus (thank you babycenter.com for the accurate defintion).  Generally this measurement should equal the weeks I'm at in my pregnancy.  So at 24 weeks a person (with a single baby) would probably measure between 23-25 centimeters or so.
My doctor told me I'm measuring at 30 weeks!
Wow!!
This just made Hubs and I laugh.  We are so blessed and it's so fun and interesting to be growing.
Seriously, this news wasn't hard to hear at all it was just so much fun to hear how fast I've been growing!!
I'm trying to think of what else there is to tell you.... still having interesting dreams... took my glucose test.... chose our names but not our middle names yet.... nope, we're not telling anyone!

oh yeah and if the background of our picture looks weird, it's cause we're in NORMAL!!!
Woo hoo!! We surprised my Dad for his birthday and flew back to my home yesterday!! I was hoping to "show off" the midwest in springtime to Hubs this weekend but in true midwest springtime fashion it'll be rainy and 50's all weekend.
Boo.
But who cares. I am totally living it up with my family this weekend!!

Hope you have a good weekend too!!

2 comments:

jamie said...

love these pics, keep em coming! :)

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

YAY prego pics! It's fun to compare your twin size with non-twin ladies at the same number of weeks....WHOA twins! If anyone can handle it, it's of course you. :) LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing about all this!