Friday, April 01, 2011

shocked my mama

My Mama's in town.  I couldn't be any happier.  I'm loving our time together and only wish I could see my Dad too.  We love you Dad!!
Today I showed my mom my sequence of pictures
(click here for weeks 6, 10 & 14)
and I think she was a little surprised.
"I popped... I think.... don't you... think I popped between 18 and 20" I asked.
"Yeah, you popped." she said.
She's been quick to love on me and remind me that I'm beautiful.  The love of a mother.

Here I am.
22 weeks in.
Feeling good.
Still semi-active.
Eating whatever I want (no aversions).
No big cravings.
Babies are just about one pound.
And the cutest thing they're doing this week (according to my baby books and online) is developing their tooth buds.
How cute is that?! Little tooth buds!!

In other news, Mikey and I are registering for cloth diapers.  We're super excited to try out diapers for the newborn stage and see if this is something we want to do.  Cloth diapering would save us a ton of money and seems like a good plan.  So we're taking the first step and trying out the newborn size.  If we like them, we'll get the next size, when the Twinkies need them.  If we don't, we'll go to Plan B.
We registered for the diapers with a friend on her blog:
If you're interested take a peek.  We're pretty excited.
Getting a lot of baby prep down and sewing for most of tomorrow. Woo hoo!!

Don't worry Dad, we'll send you some In-n-Out. ;)

6 comments:

Michelle Renae :) said...

i think you look gorgeous :) loving the bump and i'm as always, so so so excited for you!

Ed said...

You cannot brag about cloth diapers until you are ringin' them babies out with your own, two, bare hands in a swirling toilet stool while you are simultaneously flushing it with the toes of your left foot.

All the fun you're having now is just preparation for that which you are going to have once those twin little bare-bottom-babies come bouncing into your home!

I'll be out in July to show Mikey the two handed, left-footed flush!

Kelli B said...

I hope we can talk SOON!!

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I can tell the babes are laying horizontal - do you feel that way? It's so cute, and fun to know how they are positioned!! you look great, i love your clothes :)

Also, want to converse with you about cloth diapers. I"m thinking of trying it out - for the first bit o' time. Diapers are almost a quarter a piece. Yeesh.

Love you - have fun with your MOM!!!

Anonymous said...

We use cloth diapers (Fuzzibunz brand) and love 'em! Yes it's a lot of laundry, and sometimes the poops are gross but honestly- it's been way better than I envisioned and I feel MUCH happier about saving money and not being wasteful :) Glad to hear you are embarking on the journey as well! And you look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

We use cloth diapers (Fuzzibunz brand) and love 'em! Yes it's a lot of laundry, and sometimes the poops are gross but honestly- it's been way better than I envisioned and I feel MUCH happier about saving money and not being wasteful :) Glad to hear you are embarking on the journey as well! And you look fabulous!

Auntie Beth said...

Aw, you look so adorable!!! Love to all 4 of you!