Monday, April 25, 2011

sometimes i drool

Sometimes when I have a minute or two I like to peruse blogs and recently I've gotten into home decorating blogs or DIY or just crafty blogs in general.
I like to read about the projects and see the transformations that many of these bloggers do themselves.  And while I would consider myself a beginning crafty person I still look to a lot of these blogs for daydreams and inspiration... and then I drool.
I mean, how can you not drool over the yellow accents and the ingenuis idea this blogger had to use a barn door as her bedroom door.
That's right I said a barn door.
Be still my beating heart!

Photo Credit and Blog Credit
 And if that weren't enough her headboard is literally lovely! 
I can't stop staring at this.

Photo and Blog Credit
 This blogger had the nerve to do an awesome pantry.  If this is this lady's pantry I would love to see the rest of her house.  I love the paint choice. I love the chalkboard labeling. I love that she has shelves and shelves set aside just for her entertaining/decorating purposes. Who has that many cake stands and glass vases?!?!?! *sigh*  I actually just recently found this blog and love love LOVE that she loves colors!! I think we will have a beautiful blog friendship.... the kind of friendship where she doesn't know I exist and I stalk her blog to watch for updates.
Oh internet... thank you!

 She EVEN has a *sigh* baking station!! How fun!!

Photo and Blog Credit
 And let's not forget the blog that helped me get started with my drooling.
Jones. Sweet Jones!  Her tutorials and diy information is so easy I've done a couple of her projects already and loved them. I have a beautiful canvas art piece that I did from her blog above my bed but unfortunately I'm not happy enough with it to post a picture.  I think it's because I need more color to help it stand out.  So it's a project in process for now.
I love this project of hers and want to do a woven fabric pin board for my girls' room.  But again, I love her colors. That blue is so beautiful and really makes the fabric board stand out. Not sure if I could do this with beige fabric.... might just bleed into my wall. Hmmm....

Photo and Blog Credit
And finally for today. I love Holly Mathis interiors because she seems to be a gal after my own heart.  I love her rustic almost country charm.  Love this table!! And if I can say this about someone else's table I love how "beat up" it looks.  It looks loved and lived in.

*sigh*
What are some ideas/blogs or projects that inspire you or make you drool?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want that pantry!

Anonymous said...

Joanna,
Several years ago a lady named Joanne Pierson and her hubby moved to Reeve. Their house is right up by Wayne & Iris's. They were antique collectors and Joanne is just about as adorable as anyone could ever be. Her hubs, Al, passed away years ago, but she still has their awesome place. I got to go over there a couple years ago and she has a barn door very similar to this one going into her kitchen. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen. I still think about it sometimes. I wish you could spend some time in her house...I could spend hours in there looking at her wonderful treasures and decorating!
-Melissa