Monday, January 30, 2006

"Tokyo Tour" Natsumi style...

This is Tokyo Tour ~Natsumi style. Natsumi is a second year student at Chuo University. Natsumi, Ayano, and Yukari (all BEST club students) organized a tour of Tokyo.
Join me, won't you as we travel through Shibuya, Tokyo Tower, and Shinjuku?

Not the most flattering picture but here is our little group; Holly, Ayano, Jo, Natsumi, and Yukari!

Natsumi making "okonomiyaki" it was delicious (oishi) Whoa doggie! That is one big parfait!! But it was sooo good. This is Natsumi's tradition, to take the American girls to the parfait shop. She orders the "rocky mountain" which is a combination of almost everything on the menu.

4 comments:

Ed said...

Is 'okonomiyaki' Japanese for 'scrambled eggs' or 'omelet'?

That's what it looks like, and it makes me hungry.

Anonymous said...

Jo those are great pictures! It's making me home sick! But then I only have 28 DAY'S LEFT!!!! to wait and then I'll be right there in the heart of it with you! I'm under $400 in monthly support to go!! That so blows my mind! Yea God!!

Joanna Kay said...

HEY KEITH!! How ya doing friend? Hang in there with the fundraising. God will raise up that last bit and overwhelm you with His goodness. Good news, my friend. The first week in March we have a national staff conference. So the very first staff thing you will probably do is HANG OUT WITH MARY AND I!! Is that a God thing or what? Yeah, baby!! Woo WOO!!!

Joanna Kay said...

Dad, okonomiyaki is translated into "japanese pancake" or even japanese pizza... it is not really either. They give you a mix of foods, I had octopus, squid, shrimp, and fish with cabbage, etc. which I then mixed with a batter like substance. Kind of like pancake mix I guess... and then you fry it. Oh, yeah it's yummy!