Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Immanuel

Welcome to Nikko! Tokyo BEST plus SETTERS

Shinta, Meaghan, Rebekka, Mamo, and Yasushi


Where the three monkeys and "see no, hear no, speak no evil" came from...
Lisa, Ayumi, and Kie
Curt, Mikey, and Chris... although I'm pretty sure Chris is peeking.



Okay, I have to stop here and be honest... I did NOT take any of these super cool pictures. I owe these shots to Mikey Wang who was my photographer in Nikko (while I set up camp in Utsu). Wish I had this eye for things but naw, you'll have to get a hold of Mikey to see "how he does it." :)

look closely...

Meaghan and Saaya
Ayumi and Ariel
Then we loaded up...
literally and headed off to the campsite.
We had a firebuilding contest...
the nightsky was beautiful... oh, sweet stars how I miss you so.
Dinner and settling in for the night...
The next day we had a blast playing in the river...
we all washed our hair and "cleaned up"... here is Ariel doing the "flip" with her hair. What a cutie!
Ken went "spear fishing"... didn't catch a whole lot...
A great picture of Mark.... thanks Mikey for this one. I really think it captures my friend well.
But when the boys started building "holes" and trapping people in them (Swiss Family Robinson, anyone?) I knew it was time to leave. :)
So here is "my" stone memorial of the weekend... I call it, Immanuel or God With Us... which is my favorite thing to remember about God, that He is always with us.

No comments: