Monday, August 17, 2009

loving unconditionally...

Amy's wedding weekend way exceeded my expectations for a best friend's wedding. I worried about getting time with her, being in the way or just not being helpful enough.

Well, God answered my prayers. I was able to spend an exuberant amount of time with Amy and some of that was just the two of us. Saturday morning Amy and I were both wide awake at 6:30 AM and we got to walk around her neighborhood in Lincoln.

We talked about our fiancees and our upcoming weddings and I asked her, "What are you the most excited about, marrying Ben?"

She said, "I'm the most excited to love him the way I was created to. I've been created to love at enormous depths and I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of how much I can love Ben."

Her answer was (is) so Amy and I've been thinking about it. Her answer was not in reference to the lovey dovey love that they are both feeling now. The love Amy was talking about is the love that withstands trials and tribulations in a marriage and keeps their vows.

The love that stands the testing of life and time. Her answer gave me so much to think about and pray about as I wait 20 days to marry Mikey.

Loving unconditionally, the way we are loved first.

1 comment:

judy hatcher said...

Joanna, you are such a dear friend to Amy, I love how you know each other and how God uses you both in each others lives. I love your heart for Amy and your understanding of who God has made her.I am so thankful that God has given you such a unconditional love relationship and friendship. It blesses my heart. I am praying that you will have an amazing wedding weekend and I am so happy for you and Mikey as you start your life together. Love, Love . love you! Judy Hatcher