Saturday, August 01, 2009

time traveling

today I will be traveling back in time... well, not really but it will feel like it. I'm going to Iowa City home of my alma mater, the University of Iowa with my Mom for a girls weekend. Iowa City, *sigh* the city where I spent four glorious years and made abundant and life long friendships.

Ah! I've been looking forward to this weekend for awhile now. First stop; Jennifer's house. Second stop; Java House where I shall remain for quite some time. And hopefully will be able to resist the urge to tell everyone "I used to work here."

Why do I do that? I don't know. But I DO! (joni? movie?) Iowa City is a magical place for me... I don't know why exactly. I mean I'm sure it's because I spent 4 years there but I seriously feel like I'm driving through downtown New York City the way I look at the windows. "OH MY GOSH! There's MAYFLOWER!!!" and "OHMYGOSH! BURGE!!! REMEMBER THAT TIME??? OH!" and so on and so forth. I'm really a nerd, do you know that?

Anyway, Iowa City, here I come!! Wa! Hoooooo!!!

1 comment:

emily said...

I wish I was going to be there to see you. :(